Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I am grateful for today...

Today I am grateful. I am grateful for today. 
That is how I start and end every entry in my gratitude journal.  And as the days continue, there is more and more I am grateful for. 
I am walking more and more. Barely in bed anymore.  Visiting with friends.  Leaving the house more.  Yet going to less and less health care appointments. 
Doing more of what I love. 
Reading and writing more.  Sitting in the sun.  Talking with friends and family.  Enjoying nature.  And dreaming of creative ideas, as I plan to start painting again soon because my arms are getting stronger!!!

Today began with me awaking from my deep sleep in almost the same position I fell asleep in - so it's like really deep now! And began my day with my devotionals and some blog reading alongside breakfast.  Then I had a lovely eucalyptus and Epsom salt bath.  Got ready for the day and then sat outside in the sun.  I didn't hold onto anyone through this entire process and got up and down a few times (including the stairs twice!). 




Then I went with my mom to pick up a package I had been expectantly waiting for (the one I talked about in this post that I won!) from Abbey at Surviving our Blessings!  And while standing in line - yes I walked into a store to get my own package! - I got talking with a lady as she commented on the marks on my back from cupping (some my Chinese Medicine Doctor does to help get my blood flowing better and relieve tension!).  She thought it was from paintballing, so I proceeded to tell her no it was from acupuncture and although looks like it hurts doesn't hurt at all!  



And that led into what I was going to acupuncture in the first place and how it has been 8 months since I had this mystery of an illness that is labelled Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Then the guy (who was really good looking) behind her piped up and said he was in the hospital for 3 or 4 months with something mysterious too and it's been 3 years of him dealing with it still (pain and numbness are his main symptoms).  He had been given the CFS diagnosis too but wasn't satisfied with it.  He has had many doctors tell him it's all in his head despite tests showing low immunity, his heart going over 200 at times requiring an ER visit, and other things.  Anyways the line was long so we ended up talking for quite a while about all these things we had in common because of our health.  He was even in firefighting school and had to stop that because of how sick he got.  And of course we didn't exchange names or anything, which I kind of regret so I am hoping to run into him again!!  Today was the first day in a long time I felt like I could even considering dating someone, let alone liking someone again!

We then went to my GP who I haven't seen in over a month and everyone in his office was so so so happy for me.  My doctor gave me a huge hug and wanted to know about everything.  I ended up going in because both my big toes are infected (sorry if that's too much information for some of you!) because of ingrown toenails that got really bad from my compression stockings.  I haven't worn the stocking for probably 3 weeks now as my toes have been so painful but regardless of what we do, they aren't getting better.  But I can handle infected toes if it means having energy and looking forward to life!!  We also discussed slowly decreasing my sleeping medication and seeing how that goes :)
Then after my appointment, my mom and I went to pick up a prescription and get some groceries.  At the pharmacy I took my blood pressure and thankfully it isn't extremely low and my heart rate was under 100! 



 After this, we saw my sister at her new job in a deli beside the Pharmasave. She was getting picked up by a friend so she needed someone to drive her car back home.  And guess what?  I did it!!!! I haven't driven in 8 months and I drove today!  And despite being illegal (as my drivers licence expired while being pretty much bedridden), it was awesome.  And to be honest, the illegal part kind of made it all the more exciting!  (Yes I am kind of bad, but I didn't get pulled over and Thursday I plan to get my license renewed)!



And now after eating dinner on the patio, I am relaxing to the sound of birds singing all around on this peaceful summer evening. 

Oh and also some BIG news... yesterday my best friend and I signed a rental agreement on a basement suite of the most gorgeous house in an amazing community!  The landlords are so wonderful and I cannot wait to live with my best friend and gain a bit more independence again. 





So all in all - things are so very amazing!
Thanks for caring enough about my life to read about my daily events that have brought me so much joy, thanksgiving, and hope!

Today I am grateful. I am grateful for today. 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 5:6-11 ESV, emphasis mine)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Post a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...