Friday, July 12, 2013

Present {Five Minute Friday}

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why they call it the present."
My old high school teacher used to say this quote all the time.   And when he said it we would all kind of roll our eyes at him and half heartedly finish the quote. 
I didn't see it then.   The power of this phrase.  How living in the history can cause depression and how living in the mystery can cause anxiety.  
How blessed we are for today. This very moment. 
How truly this moment is all we have.   We never know what is to come.  What will lie around the next corner of life. 
But we can be thankful for this day.   For this gift from God.  

I won a print that says, Today I am thankful
I think once we can be thankful for today, and not what we had or hope to have, that we begin to truly live.  To feel joy and live out gratitude. 
This is one of the hugest lessons I learned while being sick.  There is always much to be grateful for and the more you thank God with every breath, the more you see joy and the blessings.



This is truly the day that The Lord has made,
So let us be glad and rejoice in it. 
Whatever it may hold.  May we rejoice. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Linking up with LisaJo and many other lovely ladies for Five Minute Friday!  Please do go and read some of the other takes on today's prompt: Present

Also I'm happy to say I am going on an adventure to the gulf islands this weekend - a wonderful gift indeed.  Look forward to chatting when I get back. 
Xo

6 comments:

  1. Popping over from the link up for 5 Min. Fridays. That quote is a good one, and your words are an encouraging reminder. My mom has CFS, so I know how hard some days can be. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay. Your comment means a lot as it holds understanding. I will say a prayer fo you and your mom.
      Blessings
      Xo

      Delete
  2. Thankfulness is the beauty from the ashes of hardships. Such a blessing that you are receiving that gift so young, and so encouraging to read your declarations of it. I think you CAN change the world, for His glory! Blessings, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment has blessed my heart abundantly. Thank you for your kind, encouraging, and hope giving words.
      Many blessings,
      Xo

      Delete
  3. Those teachers who said things that made us roll our eyes - sometimes those eye-rolling things stayed with us and blessed us! There is so much available in the daily - just opening our eyes to it - and the things we discover! Wishing you a weekend full of eye-opened blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those teachers haha. But bless them for it!
      And thank you for your beautiful wish for the weekend. May your weekend be filled with eyes wide open as well.
      Blessings
      Xo

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Post a comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...